TiAL Q BOV 50mm Blow Off Valve Purple 11psi Spring (Aluminum Flange)
According to Tial, the new Q Bov vents 60% more air than the original Tial 50mm BOV.
Blow Off Valves are an essential part of any turbocharged powerplant. When a turbo system is making boost, then the throttle closes, the turbo will go into a backspin condition without a blow off valve. This will eventually kill the turbo. Another concern for a BOV is that it can hold boost without leaking under wide open throttle conditions. This Tial Q BOV does an excellent job of completely venting the system, but not leaking under load.
Please Note: This BOV comes with a 11 PSi spring which is required for engines that have an IDLE vacuum between -20in/hg to -21in/hg.
Need help? feel free to contact us now via livechat, phone, or email!
Q is the first revision of the original TiAL BOV. The Q bolts up to any standard TiAL flange, no re-welding. This is the highest flowing BOV on the market. It's offered with a variety of springs for different vacuum levels and a special spring specifically for supercharged vehicles
- For use on turbo-charged and super-charged applications (Paxton, Vortec, etc.). The body and all internal components are CNC-machined from 6061 aluminum alloy. It features a large 1.98 in (50.5mm) valve.
- The V-Band design aluminum mounting clamp gives a very clean and unique appearance. The clamp uses Stainless Steel hardware for a long lasting, corrosion-free appearance.
- The valve seal utilizes a Viton O-ring that is clamped in place to prevent the possibility of sticking to the seat and pulling out. The valve stem and guide are Teflon-lubricated, hard anodize-coated for wear resistance.
- The Blow Off Valve also comes with our own machined aluminum banjo-type air fitting and bolt, with over sized 10mm hose barb for quick actuator response. The actuator has a high temp silicone Nomex-reinforced diaphragm for long life.
- An aluminum or mild steel weld base mounting flange is furnished with each unit. Stainless Steel is available at an additional cost. The use of 6061 aluminum allows the housing to be anodized with a selection of colors.
- Through countless hours of R&D we were able to make the same size valve flow a staggering 60% more than the original design - that means 60% more air is blown off per cycle! This is the highest flowing BOV on the market.
- Color anodized aluminum options (Silver, Red, Blue, Purple, Black).
- A single Q BOV can support up to 1,800hp